Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Sweet Valentine

My husband and I don't exchange much for Valentine's Day, usually just flowers and we usually avoid the crowded restaurants. But I do try to make a nice treat each year and it usually involves decadent rich mixtures of chocolate and berries.

This year I chose a treat from Canadian Living magazine's January 2010 edition.
You can find the recipe for Black Forest Mousse Parfaits on their website.

Now how do I describe the taste sensation.....it has moist, decadent chocolate cake drizzled with a boozy cherry syrup, then a layer of white chocolate mousse with cherries mixed in. The mousse is gorgeous...another dessert on it's own.

Lets say my husband was REALLY happy about this present.

The only drawback about this recipe is time. I made it in stages, making the cake the day before and the rest a few hours before serving. The mousse also needs contant stirring and attention. In other words, lots of LOVE went into making it. But it was sooo worth it.



Since I wasn't blogging this time last year I remade last year's treat to share too. I made a chocolate mousse using marshmallows, the recipe is here.



Lastly, I couldn't forget the kids. So I made up some cookies. I made these Chocolate Coconut Chewies. They were very yummy, so lets just say they weren't just for the kids. The meringue, since it's gluten-free, adds a nice crunchy, chewy texture which combines well with the coconut.

No comments:

Post a Comment