Sunday, October 17, 2010

American Sewing Expo Visit

I attended the American Sewing Expo in Novi, Michigan on September 25th. It is only about 45 minutes from my house, so I had a fun day away from the family and came back with a few goodies. I've never been to a sewing event like this before, so I was like a kid in a candy store. I didn't attend any of the seminars, but will be doing something next year, since it was my 1st year I wanted to take in everything and figure out how long it took to work my way through the booths. After my shopping, I started making a jean bag in the deconstruction zone, but soon realised the Pattern Review Natural Fibres fashion show was starting, so rushed off to that. Some very impressive entries.

 
My shopping haul:


Underneath: my partially completed jean bag
top left: Kathy Ruddy's 3 ways to learn CD - Swing & Pleated Yoke Jackets
Fray check....it was cheaper than at my local store & you never know I might need it??
top right: Fashion in Harmony - Acute Angle Blouse pattern
Bottom left: silk cuts at $8/yd, they were selling like wildfire. I got a black necktie silk with leaf detail (1 3/4 yrds) and lime green silk dupioni (1 1/8 yrds). Close up photo below.
Bottom right: my new darling, KAI sewing shears. My husband thinks I'm mad the way I delight in its use. Oh well....you girls get it right???
Not pictured: a teflon iron sole plate

Not bought: a royal blue 100% cashmere from Haberman fabrics that was screaming to be a coat, but alas the $90/yrd price tag would have put my husband in the hospital. But at least now I know that Haberman's is very close to Detroit Zoo of which we are members and visit often, so I think next zoo visit mommy can drop off the guys and go browse.





No comments:

Post a Comment