Saturday, October 2, 2010

Cafe World Challenge Week 30

After 30 weeks of cooking through the Cafe World cookbook, I've cooked some interesting dishes, posted others which I wouldn't have thought blog-worthy and always posted on Fridays, until now. Cafe World got the better of me this week by introducing an anniversary catering mission with some delish dishes to unlock. Under normal circumstances I might have finished it on time, but with my working/volunteering I ran out of time, but I tried....boy did I try. So I won't be able to add the anniversary dishes to my list, but I have printed off recipes for Feijoada (from Brazil & Portugal) and Pastilla (from Morocco). I also haven't posted about my trip to the American Sewing Expo yet, I'll try that tomorrow.

So back to my cooking...I made my version of Ranch Beans this week. I made enough for two separate meals and it helped take the stress out of my evening chaos.

RANCH BEANS

The first night I made the beans, I served them with cornmeal muffins and the next time on a bed of rice.
To save time I used canned beans, but by all means use dried and soaked beans if you want.

3 strips bacon, diced
1 onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 cans beans (15oz), I used white kidney and red kidney
1 small can (4 oz) diced green chilies
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 tsp ground cumin

Brown bacon in a large skillet. Add onion and garlic and cook about 4 minutes over medium heat. Stir in beans, chilies, salsa and cumin. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes until mixture has thickened a little.


Cafe World Cookbook additions

There have been a number of limited time cookbook additions this week, none of which I'll add to my master list, unless they get permanently added to the game. The two mentioned above, as well as Shanghai Dumplings, Anniversary Cake, Ratatouille (love it), Red Burrito and In Flight Meal.

Progress:  55/80

Next Up: I was thinking maybe Vegetarian Tamales, will look at some recipes later.

Disclaimer: Image owned by Zynga. This site is not owned by Zynga. This site is not the owner of the intellectual property

No comments:

Post a Comment