I've joined the sew-along at Stitchers Guild. My colours are black, white, mist and grey.
I started a black, white and grey capsule last year from mostly ready-to-wear (RTW) garments and would like to continue. I have a large amount of black in my stash and would really like to use it up.
The "rules" state:
skirt or trousers in the neutral colour
3 blouses/tops one to match, two to complement
1 layering top or cardigan to match bottom
Jacket in coordinating neutral
I've decided to add a dress instead of the 3rd top and my coat will match and my layering item will be a vest/waitcoat.
1) Black silk blouse in Simplicity 3887 View C
2) White blouse using Sewing Workshop Bamboo shirt
3)Black dress with black/white polka dot accent using New Look 6589 View C (middle blue on pattern envelope)
4) Black skirt using New Look 6546, an a-line just below the knee
5) A waistcoat or vest using Amy Butler Fabric from her Daisy Chain Collection.
I have these fabrics below and will find two others to make a patchwork of the grey & mist coloured fabrics. It should look nice against the black and white tops.
6) A black raincoat using Burda 7750, the longer coat with the hood.