Friday, June 4, 2010

Cafe World Challenge Week 13

This week I only completed one dish, a really simple stuffed mushroom recipe.

I was planning to make Lemon Butter lobster, but with the hot weather we're experiencing in my area I will only make that the day before garbage pickup. Seafood shells in garbage is not pleasant. So that leaves me Sundays, which is usually very busy for us, so I will wait till I have a relaxing Sunday available, which might be a while. Ugh!!!



Stuffed Mushroom

I wanted a nice light dinner and thought stuffed mushrooms and salad would work well. I looked through my fridge and feta cheese and sundried tomatoes caught my eye. But after some thought, I decided to get some goat cheese as my feta is rather strong tasting and thought it would be a bit much with the rich tasting sundried tomato.

Recipe

Large mushrooms, I used three Portabello.
Olive oil
salt and pepper
1 package goat cheese
sundried tomatoes, I used some in a jar with oil.

Remove mushroom stems, brush olive oil all over mushrooms, I used about 1 tsp per mushroom. Place rounded side down on baking sheet covered in foil. Season with salt and pepper.
Cover with foil and Bake at 350 F (180 C) for about 8 minutes or until tender.
Remove cover and place a slice of goat cheese and some sliced tomato on each mushroom. Return to oven for another 5 minutes or until cheese starts to melt.
Serve and enjoy.



Cafe World Cookbook additions

They seems to be adding a new theme every week and with that some cookbook additions. So it seems for every dish I make some more are added.
This week Falafel has been added for the Egyptian theme. I've made this many, many times, but usually from a prepared box of Falafel mix. My made from scratch version didn't turn out well. Time to find a new recipe.

Progress: 28/66
Up Next: Not sure...check in next Friday to see.

* Disclaimer: Image owned by Zynga. This site is not owned by Zynga. This site is not the owner of the intellectual property.

No comments:

Post a Comment