Saturday, May 29, 2010

Easy Chicken Teriyaki

I have a number of dishes that I classify as my go-to dishes in various situations. Spaghetti and store bought sauce is my "I'm hungry and have no time" dinner. Store bought soup is the standby for the kids when I prepare very spicy food or shellfish, which James has a sensitivity toward ie. he throws up uncontrollably for hours afterward. When I have veggies in the fridge that need to get used up before they spoil, I do a stir-fry and if I have chicken in the freezer, I turn that stir-fry into Chicken Teriyaki.

The Teriyaki part is complements of Epicure Selection's Teriyaki Seasoning. I adore Epicure's products!! No I am not a consultant, but a friend of mine in Quebec was and I attended a number of tasting parties and hosted a few as well. I now buy the products from a local consultant and keep the catalogue and monthly specials handy. The products are of great quality and don't have all the excess salt and preservatives sometimes found in other spice mixes. They also have good kitchen and cleaning products. They're a Canadian company and you can buy through a local consultant or order online. Enough of that...you'll see me use many more of their products along the way. Back to the recipe.

Chicken Teriyaki

Chicken cut into 1 inch cubes
assorted veggies sliced or diced
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 Tbsp VE Teriyaki seasoning or another brand
2 tsp brown sugar
3 Tbsp soy sauce

Mix seasoning with soy sauce and sugar. Marinade chicken in mixture in fridge or if pressed for time just add the teriyaki sauce mixture straight to the cooked chicken.
Cook chicken in preheated oil until cooked through. Set aside. Stir-fry vegetables in same pan and cook till done. Combine with cooked chicken, heat through and serve with rice.



In the photo above, I used carrot, onion and zucchini. I have onion, red & yellow peppers and mushroom in the fridge now so that will probably be used tonight. I sometimes also add garlic and fresh ginger, although I think they are already in the seasoning. This meal is healthy, easy and my family loves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment