Sunday, November 1, 2009

Beef Brisket with Onion-Lemon Marmalade

I've been out sick this last week with a nasty ear infection. So it's been take-out or noodles and jar sauce all week. So I've looked back at some of the yummy meals I made pre-sickness, and thought I'd share this one.

The "marmalade" this is cooked in is just to die for, it was just amazingly yummy, I would recommend cooking any other meat in this mix. It was sticky and gooey and had just the right amount of lemony goodness.

The recipe is here.

I was not a huge fan of the actual meat on the 1st night, it was a little too fatty for my family's liking, but that was my fault, not the recipe. I had the leftovers the next day for lunch and had removed all the fatty bits and it was very tasty. I'm usually a big fan of alcohol and (or in, or with) cooking, but opted for apple juice instead of port since we had just visited the apple farms and I had lots of fresh apple juice. The onion and lemon caramelized over the cooking period and turned sweet, so there was no sour or sharp onion taste.

I served my meal with baked sweet potato fries and swiss chard from my garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment