Monday, April 19, 2010

Plum Almond Phyllo Tart

Monday seems to be baking day for me. I suppose I browse through recipes on a Sunday evening after a hectic weekend with the family and have a breather again on Monday with hubbie at work and James at preschool.

Today I made a plum tart recipe that I found in a Canadian Living recipe booklet. It was simple and tastes great. Served with some whipped cream, it was a perfect dessert.

Plum Almond Phyllo Tart

3 phyllo sheets
2 tbsp butter melted

Filling:
2/3 cup ground almonds
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tbsp butter, softened
1 egg
dash almond extract
2 tbsp flour
3 plums
3 tbsp smooth or strained apricot jam

I used a 9-inch (23cm) pie dish. Brush phyllo sheets with melted butter and fold in half cross-wise to form a crude triangle. Place each in bottom of pie dish at angles to cover the bottom. I had my triangle points falling over the sides. But you could fold them in.
Filling: Beat together almonds, sugar and butter. Beat in egg and almond extract. Stir in flour. Spread in phyllo shell. Cut plums into 8 wedges each and place on top of almond filling.
Heat baking sheet on bottom rack of 375 F (190 C) oven until hot. Place tart on sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Let cool on rack.
Brush apricot jam over filling. Serve at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment